Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dyeing Fabric with Procion Fiber Reactive Dyes from Dharma

On Friday, we dyed some fabric at Claudia's house and the goal for each of us was to make a gradation of one color.

 I picked Fushia.


Claudia picked Cayman blue



and Carollee and Chris picked Chartreuse and Yellow






We had to "dilute" the mixed dye again and again and ...again !



So we could have a fabric lighter and lighter and ...lighter !

Our 8 pieces of fabric were in different bags and we had to "massage" them several times and keep them in a cooler overnight, so they could stay at the same temperature



The next day .... Et voila !

Fushia




Chartreuse by Carollee




Thanks to Claudia for showing us the process, it was fun but kind of too long for me and now... what the heck am I going to do with this gradation of Fushia fabric ...!?

3 comments:

  1. I'm expecting to see a wonderful art quilt with beautiful fushia colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone can figure out what to do with graduated Fushia fabric it's you!! Although, tell them you need graduated Fuscia batik! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've decided it's my new favorite color so you can give it to me!!! Haha, very neat looking.

    ReplyDelete